Reflecticle is here to help!
Here at Reflecticle, we love "Iterative" software development. Each week, a set of things gets done, the customer is happy, and the developers get paid! Tracking hours really sucks, but somehow we have to know if the team members got their jobs done...
A lot of really smart people have come up with numerous great techniques and tools for automatically tracking time, deliverables, points, etc, but when it comes down to it, what really matters is that the client gets what the team promises to deliver. We think the key is effective communication, and thats a hard thing to get right.
With the quick pace of most projects these days, communication often gets sidelined and disastrous things can result. Thats where Reflecticle comes in:
Trivially Simple To Set Up
- Create an organization: This is where your'll maintain a list of projects. If you ever want to change ownership of your organization, you can give someone else the responsibility.
- Create projects: Let us know when they start, what day is the "pivot day" for the project, and we'll take care of the rest.
- Have your team members register for accounts and assign them to projects. Every project will have an owner, Team Members, Clients, and Managers. If you need some other kind of role, let us know.
Light Weight Survey Process For All Team Members
- Every iteration, on the pivot day, a survey will be created for each team member with a set of multiple choice questions based on their role in the project.
- Everyone sees a list of the surveys that they need to complete when the log in and once they complete surveys, they disappear as they are integrated into Reflecticle.
- Everyone gets an e-mail when surveys are created so all they have to do is click a link, answer the questions, and click submit!
Light Weight Activity Logging
- Form on every page to select a project, type in something you finished, and store it. Include a users short name (usually FirstLast) to get their face and e-mail address to show up instead.
- See details of who has been working on what for every project you're working on
- There's an Alfred Extension if you're an Alfred user.
- Mac OS X users can get Growl or Notification Center updates of new activity with Reflecticle Activity Feed.
- Overview of "Hows it going?" for each of your organizations
- Overview of "Hows it going?" for each of your projects
- Alerts for anything that is underperforming